Synchronization failures are a common pitfall in multiple clock domain designs. These bugs are hard to fix, because the failures are often intermittent and hard to catch. Fixing such bugs in FPGA may take weeks of debugging, and they may be impossible to catch in ASIC prior to fabrication.
vSync Circuits Vincent Platform delivers a twofold solution to this problem. The vGenerator tool provides the necessary fool-proof synchronizer customized for each interface and each clock domain crossing. The vChecker tool verifies the complete design statically, hunting for trouble and assessing expected reliability.
Unlike typical clock domain crossing (CDC) verification tools, the vSync Circuits Vincent Platform focuses on providing the correct solutions, rather than merely pointing at the problems. Vincent Platform is compatible with all types of digital design flow, having a fast and easy deployment.
The advanced abilities of vSync Circuits Vincent Platorm provide a complete solution for multiple clock domain ASIC/FPGA integration and CDC verification, covering all the stages of the VLSI design flow: from the RTL design down to GDSII/Bitsream.
- ...We evaluated a number of leading CDC tools and we chose vSync Circuits Vincent Platform as a main tooling for CDC treatment starting from the design stage, through simulations and down to static verification of the product before starting the lab testing. ...Vincent Platform is successfully employed both for legacy and new designs, identifying bugs in the existing systems and improving the design stability for new designs by employing the vGenerator solutions. ...vChecker tool is very easy to use, with a convenient bug tracking and cross reference abilities, allowing fast problem understanding and fixing. ...The provided support is very responsive, and along with on-site training conducted by vSync Circuits, it enabled a good adoption of the tools inside our group. ...To summarize, we are highly satisfied by vSync Circuits tool kit both at the technical level (problems identification, solution generation) and also at the user experience level.~ Israel Samuha, FPGA Group Manager, Rafael
- We used the vChecker tool in a project with national importance to Israel's security and safety. The one week we dedicated to learning the tool and solving the CDC problems in the design saved us about 2 months or more in integration and a non-quantified amount of time in production and experiments.~ I.Sh., Board and Logic Design Team Leader, Rafael
- We looked for a tool to help debug clock domain crossing issues in our FPGA designs. We encountered vSync, a small yet dynamic and innovative company. We are genuinely impressed with the vSync toolset. In many aspects we found it to be significantly better than products offered by the larger companies, and with a significantly lower price tag. As far as customer support goes, the response time is very fast and support quality is excellent. vSync helped us to efficiently discover and debug CDC issues and thus cut down significantly on development time.~ Avshalom Elyada, FPGA Architecture Lead, GE Healthcare CV-ULS Israel
- We employed vSync tools at a late stage of our ASIC project, and discovered serious CDC problems that would have led to a complete malfunctioning of the product. The problems were discovered by vChecker at the pre-fabrication stage of the design, and in order to save time, we solved them by rerouting and constraining inside the final P&R netlist database. The employment of vSync platform allowed us to avoid re-fabrication, saving a lot of money and time.~ Dov Alon, VP of Engineering, Ramon Chips Ltd.
- We employed vSync Vincent platform for verification and constraining of our complex digital ASIC design, which was also deployed and tested on a FPGA platform. While we started employing Vincent platform when the design was partially mature, it helped us to discover many linting-level problems, which we did not notice before. After we cleaned the code, we analyzed CDC problems reported by Vincent platform for our design and fixed many real issues. We also upgraded our simulation environment with vSync Simulation library, and realized the benefits of Vincent platform dynamic simulation. During the work vSync provided us with a very responsive and competent support. Vincent platform helps us to assure our design reliability and we find the platform essential to deliver correct functionality of ASIC and FPGA designs.~ Avi Katz, Vice President R&D, Senso Optics Ltd.
- We employed Vincent platform tool chain on our partially mature design and immediately discovered bugs that appeared, but were not yet understood and solved in the lab. The early bugs discovery and easy tracking using vSync tools, allowed us to save valuable time and to stabilize our product more quickly. Vincent platform tool chain is now an integral part of our standard design flow, shortening our design cycle and assuring a correct design functionality.~ Shay Iline, Technical leader, Compass-EOS
- We employ vSync tools and libraries as a part of our ASIC verification sign-off cycle. vSync methodology allows us to discover and manage multiple design flaws, including an efficient management of third-party IPs. vSync team works closely with us, providing a timely and valuable support. The employment of vSync Vincent platform allows us to assure high design reliability and shortens our time to market.~ Niv Margalit, Director of VLSI, Compass-EOS
- Vincent platform helps us identifying and solving critical CDC problems in our designs. In a particular project, at some stage, till employing Vincent tools, we were completely stuck in the lab with a certain number of problems, that prevented project progress, affecting an important product delivery. Once we analyzed and solved a list of problems reported by Vincent we had a great progress in the lab, releasing the project bottleneck. Thanks to Vincent platform, we saved approximately 4 weeks of work and were able to meet the project deadline.~ Leonid Smertenko, FPGA Team Leader, RADA
Selected Client List
vSync Circuits is an EDA and IP solutions company, providing integration and verification solutions for ASIC and FPGA design and verification groups. The company introduces a novel and unique technology for reliable multiple clock-domain design integration and CDC verification, comprising of a tool-based approach, which bridges the design and verification worlds. vSync Circuits methodology is generic and is compatible with all different design flows.